The contest has the objective of making visible the contributions and challenges of indigenous women for food security and the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goal 2: Zero Hunger.
This contest is featured under the framework of the Global Campaign for the Empowerment of Indigenous Women for Zero Hunger, launched with the support of Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact (AIPP) by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the International Indigenous Women Forum (FIMI) and the News Agency of Indigenous and Afro-descendent Women (NOTIMIA).
II. Contest Rules
All indigenous women of Asia can participate without age limit.
b. Criteria for participation
- This call will be open as of its publication and until 05 September 2018, 11:59 p.m. (GMT+7).
- One participant can submit up to three photographs.
- Participants should keep the digital files of the photographs for any questions or clarification.
- Photographs received after 05 September 2018, 11:59 p.m. (GMT+7) will not be included into consideration.
c. Criteria for photographs
The photographs sent should fulfill the following characteristics:
- Be unpublished, unique and original.
- Be accompanied with brief explanation/caption in English about what the photographs depict. Participants are encouraged to write the explanation/caption in English and own Indigenous language.
- Be done in black and white or color techniques, without having been manipulated by collage, photomontage or digital illustration through a program that allows adding or deleting parts of the image or replacing them with other elements than real photography.
- Be high-quality to allow their promotion and dissemination: minimum 240 dpi, maximum 300 dpi.
- If the photograph shows face of person(s), the participant should consider that the photos must be taken with their consent and have the corresponding authorization of consent to use and publish them.
d. Submitting the photographs
Form for submitting the photographs is in the lower part of this page.
e. Authorship of the photographs
- When submitting their photographs, participants express their agreement for the photographs to be disseminated without profit, giving the corresponding credits to their authors.
- Of all the photographs received, three photographs will be chosen for the realization of an itinerant photographic exhibition.
- AIPP and FAO will have the rights to use the photographs received under this contest. These organizations commit themselves to give credit to their authors and respect the title of the work in the promotion and dissemination of the photographs in any media channels.
- All intellectual property rights of the photographs are conferred to AIPP and FAO.
- Participants authorize AIPP and FAO to disseminate the photographs through online communication systems or printed.
The selection of the photos will be based on their capacity to portray the contributions and challenges on indigenous women to food security and the achievement of Zero Hunger and their technical quality.
The jury will be composed by representatives of AIPP and FAO.
Three prizes will be awarded to three winners. Each winner will get:
- Indigenous handicraft
- Official recognition by AIPP and FAO
- Kit of books on Indigenous Peoples
h. Publication of results
The results will be made public through AIPP’s website (www.aippnet.org) and Facebook page on 1 September 2018. The winners will also be notified by e-mail.
i. Protection of personal data
The data provided by each of the participants in this contest will be considered confidential, without prejudice to the authorization that the participants grant to the convening institutions.
Any matter not foreseen in this call will be resolved by AIPP, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org