- This event has passed.
Workshop of the Indigenous Peoples constituency of APRCEM: Building back better through Indigenous Peoples agency, institutions, and knowledge: Challenges and opportunities
November 28, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm BMT
Workshop of the Indigenous Peoples constituency of APRCEM : Building back better through Indigenous Peoples agency, institutions, and knowledge: Challenges and opportunities
Date: 28th November 2020
Time: 2PM to 4PM Bangkok time
Asia Indigenous Pact along with the IP constituency members will be hosting a workshop considering the following objectives and to answer key questions.
- To hold an in-depth discussion on the enforcement of several detrimental laws and detrimental solutions impacting IPs during COVID-19 in the region
- To discuss the challenges faced by the Indigenous Peoples as a collective and differential impact on intersectional groups
- To Identify emerging good practices, adopted by indigenous peoples and Member States and identifying measures and needs of Indigenous Peoples in the recovery stage and aftermath of COVID-19 and policy recommendations
- Joan Carling– discuss the impacts of COVID 19 to the SDG targets relating to indigenous peoples and underlying barriers to the self-determined development of indigenous peoples in the covid recovery period
- Gam A. Shimray- Detrimental laws and detrimental solutions impacting heavily on IPs during this COVID and what do we make from these developments concerning the future trajectories in the region and IPs rights.
- Pratima Gurung– Challenges faced by the Indigenous Peoples during the COVID-19 particularly Indigenous Women and Indigenous Persons with Disabilities and the roles played by them in combating the pandemic and recovery solutions.
- Chandra Tripura– The good practices adopted by indigenous peoples and Member States with particular focus on response from Indigenous Youth and recovery solutions.