- This event has passed.
Regional Training on “Indigenous Peoples’ Self-government and Democracy”
November 8, 2021 @ 10:00 am - November 18, 2021 @ 5:00 pm BMT
1. Self-reflection (Where are we coming from? Where are we now? Where are we leading to and predicting our future? – understanding our past, present situation and future.)
2. Learning about concept and idea of “Indigenous Self-government and Democracy” (Self-determination, Autonomy, Self-government/Self-governance, Pluralism, Federalism, Subsidiarity, Liberal-democratic governance, Communitarian Governance, Party Politics and Indigenous Peoples in Mainstream Politics etc.)
3. Identifying grounding values and guiding principles of Indigenous Self-government
4. Deepening the understanding (reading and discussing the case studies, joint exercise: applying assessment criteria to case studies.
5. Re-assessment (re-assessing the situation using new concepts, ideas, innovations and criteria for good self-government)
6. Envisioning our future (what we want? How could the self-determination of our peoples and communities look like?
7. Assessing possibilities for change. How can this be achieved: developing a strategy)?