- This event has passed.
New Social Contract? Indigenous Peoples Human Rights Defenders speaks of what it means for them and what they need
August 6 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm BMT
This webinar will bring together IPHRDs and global allies to articulate the situation of IPHRDs, their needs and vision in the call for a new social contract, and building allies and networks to enable the realization of this vision.
- To inform the public of the situation of the IPHRDs in Asia especially heightened attacks during the pandemic
- To discuss the root causes of these attacks and the barriers to their self-determination
- To articulate what the new social contract/call for building back better must look like between governments, civil society, businesses, global allies and more and discuss co-responsibilities and enabling conditions towards that vision
- To discuss the needs and support from global allies in terms of capacity building, safety and security as well as advocacy
- Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact (AIPP)
- Indigenous Peoples Human Rights Defenders Network, Asia (IPHRD)
- Delegation of the European Union to Thailand, Frontline Defenders (FLD)
- Business and Human Rights Resource Center (BHRRC)
- Virtual Event