2021 Asia Land Forum & Regional Assembly
October 26 @ 10:00 am - October 29 @ 6:00 pm WIB
2021 Asia Land Forum & Regional Assembly
Securing Land Rights and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
26-29 October 2021
Every year, ILC Asia organises the Asia Land Forum (ALF). This unique event brings together ILC members and other stakeholders ranging from grassroots organisations, activists, local and international NGOs and researchers, to multilateral organisations and government agencies from the region. The event aims at developing a common ground of the political, economic, environmental, and social linkages between land governance, food security, poverty, and democracy.
By convening all members and key partners of the network, the Forum creates opportunities for participants to learn from, and contribute to, land governance successes and to overcome its challenges. The Forum is also an opportunity for ILC Asia’s 51 members to adopt a declaration with a common action plan during the Regional Assembly.
The Regional Assembly functions as the highest policy-making body in ILC Asia while the Land Forum focuses on the latest state of land governance in the region and as an arena for regional institutions and platforms to share experiences and explore areas of collaboration.
The Asia Land Forum is divided into two sub-events.
1. ILC Asia Regional Assembly: Strengthening ILC Asia in the Land Rights Movement – 26 October 2021
The first day of the event will be dedicated to ILC Asia’s Regional Assembly of members. This is a closed-door event for ILC members to focus on the governance of ILC Asia platforms, the new ILC Strategy, membership expansion, and progress in implementing the 2019-2021 Work Plan. ILC Asia members are expected to write a declaration on their efforts in making strong contributions to the SDG agenda and making land a priority advocacy throughout the Global Goals.
2. Thematic parallel sessions on land issues related to SDGs – 27-29 October 2021
ILC Asia invites members to organise thematic discussions on the importance of land rights in the SDG 2030 Agenda, in particular, to address social and economic inequality, protect land and environmental rights defenders, and mitigate climate change. Register for each session below.
General objective: To discuss the relevance of securing access to and control over land and natural resources for a just and poverty-free world.
- Identify concrete ideas and action plans on giving visibility to land rights as an integral part of reaching SDGs and the 2030 Agenda
- Identify the progress of monitoring the implementation of SDG land targets, who is responsible for it, how it can be done, and who gathers the data, among other practical questions
- Highlight the need for urgent and ambitious actions to ensure that women have equal rights to land and natural resources, and decision-making power for a gender-just world
Highlight the importance of securing land rights to reduce inequality, restore peace and justice, and achieve economic growth for women, farmers, youth, pastoralists, and indigenous peoples, as part of achieving the 2030 Agenda.
- Progress on land rights and governance will be adequately monitored in an open, transparent, and participatory manner that ensures the inclusion of women, indigenous peoples, smallholder and family farmers, and pastoralists
- Strengthened partnerships and platforms for continued multi-stakeholder engagements at the regional and national levels
- A declaration on the importance of respecting, securing, and protecting tenure rights of land and other natural resources to eradicating poverty and combating hunger
Participation in the event will be open to the public and will include speakers from grassroots organisations, government representatives, international organisations, and many more. If you are interested in participating, please register via the link or contact us at [email protected]
Programme And Registration
27 October 2021, 10:30 AM Jakarta/Bangkok
2020 CSO Report on SDG 1.4.2 in Seven Asian Countries: “Are we on the right track?”
27 October 2021, 1:30 PM Jakarta/Bangkok
Land conflicts in Six Asian Countries: Findings, Trends and Causes
27 October 2021, 4 PM Jakarta/Bangkok
Land Inequality in Asia: Evidence, Experiences and Solutions
28 October 2021, 10:30 AM Jakarta/Bangkok
Securing Tenure Rights – The Foundation of Human Rights-Based Conservation
28 October 2021, 1:30 PM Jakarta/Bangkok
Indigenous Women and Youth as Change-makers in Conservation and Land Rights
28 October 2021, 3 PM Jakarta/Bangkok
Strengthening Customary Tenure Recognition, Food Security and Traditional Livelihoods in Asia
28 October 2021, 4:15 PM Jakarta/Bangkok
Community-led Ecosystem Management as Contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
29 October 2021, 3 PM Jakarta/Bangkok
Youth Access to Land in Asia: Challenges and Demands
Event Details Page: