Position: Indigenous Women Programme Coordinator
Duration of the Contract: 1 year with minimum 3 months to maximum 6 months’ probation period. The contract will be renewed annually subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds
Reports to: Deputy Secretary General
Duty Station: AIPP Regional Secretariat office, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Application deadline: Dec 27, 2017
Background: The AIPP is a regional organization founded in 1992 as a platform for solidarity and cooperation among indigenous peoples in Asia. It actively promotes and defends indigenous peoples’ rights and human rights, sustainable development and management of resources, as well as environment protection. For detail visit www.aippnet.org
Roles and Responsibilities:
Overall responsible for implementation of the Indigenous Women Programme as outline in the Operational Guidelines included in the AIPP Organisational Manual (June 2014):
- Ensure that indigenous women and men in the project areas have capacity to advocate for the recognition of the rights of women in local, national legislations and customary laws, and to campaign on violence against indigenous women and girls (VAIW)
- Ensure that indigenous women have capacity in conflict resolution and peace building in conflict zones of 4 countries
- Ensure that the capacity of indigenous women’s organizations are enhanced through training, alliance building and cross learning in 4 countries
- Ensure that AIPP members and partners are applying the AIPP gender policy.
As a Programme Coordinator, s/he shall be responsible for the following management functions:
- Manage and implement the Indigenous Women programme guided by strategic plan of AIPP (2017-2020).
- Prepare and ensure the implementation of AIPP annual plan and related activities assigned by Deputy Secretary General, Secretary General and EC
- Manage and supervise of staff, interns/volunteers, consultants and other service providers including projects and activities under the programme
- Close coordination with the Programme Committee including organizing programme committee meetings as needed
- Monitor and ensure the effective implementation of AIPP Gender policy within the AIPP secretariat and among members and partners (at their organizational, programme and project level)
- Participate in fund raising for the programme in close collaboration with Secretary General, Deputy Secretary General and Executive Secretary
- Review and comment on financial reports received from the concerned finance staff and the project partners
- Monitor the effective and efficient implementation of projects and related activities under the programme including finance matters.
- Ensure the consolidation and regular monitoring of activities and budgets of the programme
- Ensure the proper and timely implementation of the projects in the programme
- Review and ensure the timely preparation and submission of the work plans, reports and budgets for the programme
- Ensure inter-programme coordination and collaboration for projects/activities as needed in the smooth implementation of the programme activities/projects
- Update the Secretary General, Deputy Secretary General on pertinent issues in the relation to the programme
- Ensure the compliance of programme staff to AIPP policies and guidelines and organizational standards including code of conduct
- Ensure the systematization and updating of programme files and reports and list of publications/materials including the distribution list, list of networks and other databases as needed
- Provide recommendations to improve the programme planning and implementation as well as on staff development and management.
Overall responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient implementation of activities under the Indigenous Women Programme:
- Coordinate project implementation, building capacities including developing templates and guidelines and provide technical assistance to the project partners.
- Consolidate the reports (narrative and finance) from the partners and submit to the respective donors on time.
- Coordinate meetings with AIPP members and partner-organizations in respective countries for effective project implementation and management
- Coordinate finance disbursement and finance monitoring with the support of finance team
- Prepare the MOU, guides and templates for the partners’ implementation and reporting.
- Periodic review, monitoring and evaluation of the project implementation based on annual and periodic work plans.
- Develop educational materials and advocacy materials relating to the programme.
- Systematize the database of trainees, resource persons and educational materials and other programme documents
- Assessing finance management capacity, contracting and monitoring of the new partners with the support of Admin – Finance Coordinator
- Prepare project and activity budget including the partner’s budget and ensure the consistency in term of budget lines submitted to the donor.
- Approve the programme/project budget and project finance transaction including ensuring the completion and accuracy of the request including supporting document and account code in the request
- Assist the finance staff in project audit including review the audit finding and provide recommendation for the management with the support from Admin-Finance Coordinator
Human Resource Management
- Support the management in the staff recruitment, screening and selection process of the Indigenous Women programme
- Take the lead in the probation review of new staff within the programme with the support of Executive Secretary
- Take the lead in the quarterly, one year and two years appraisal of staff within the programme with the support of Executive Secretary
- Support the management in developing and reviewing the Key Performance Indications of the staff within the programme
- Coordinate with the Regional Capacity Building Programme for the management of volunteer and interns
Salary rate shall be based on the salary criteria approved by the Executive Council of AIPP Interested indigenous persons from Asia (applicants from member-organizations will be given a priority) can submit application (indicating ethnicity) together with updated CV with at least two references with complete contact details (including email address and, phone number) and two reference letters following email addresses: Ms. Saowaluck at email:email@example.com and Ms. Chanda at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed for interview.