Call For Application : Indigenous Women Programme Coordinator
Position: Indigenous Women Programme Coordinator
Team Duration of the Contract: 1 year with minimum 3 months’ probation period. The contract will be renewed annually subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds
Reports to: Deputy Secretary General (DSG)
Station: AIPP Secretariat, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Announcement: 25 August 2020
Deadline: 11 September 2020
The Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact (AIPP) is a regional organization founded in 1992 by Indigenous Peoples’ movements in Asia. AIPP is committed to the cause of promoting and defending indigenous peoples’ rights and human rights and articulating issues of relevance to indigenous peoples. At present, AIPP has 47 members from 14 countries in Asia with 18 indigenous peoples’ national alliances/networks (national formations), 30 local and sub-national organizations. Of this number, 16 are ethnic based organizations, six (6) indigenous women and four (4) are indigenous youth organizations and one (1) organization of indigenous persons with disabilities.
A. Roles and Responsibilities:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Programme Coordinator, shall be responsible for the following management functions:
- Manage and implement the Indigenous Women programme guided by strategic plan of AIPP (2017-2020).
- Prepare and ensure the implementation of AIPP annual plan and related activities related to Indigenous Women programme assigned by Secretary General and Deputy Secretary General.
- Manage and supervise of staff, interns/volunteers, consultants and other service providers including projects and activities under the programme
- Close coordination with the Indigenous Women Programme Committee including organizing programme committee meetings as needed
- Monitor and ensure the effective implementation of AIPP’s Gender policy within the AIPP secretariat and among members and partners (at their organizational, programme and project level)
- Participate in fund raising for the programme in close collaboration with Secretary General, Deputy Secretary General and Executive Secretary
- Review and comment on financial reports received from the concerned finance staff and the project partners
- Monitor the effective and efficient implementation of projects and related activities under the programme including finance matters.
- Ensure the consolidation and regular monitoring of activities and budgets of the programme
- Ensure the proper and timely implementation of the projects in the programme
- Review and ensure the timely preparation and submission of the work plans, reports and budgets for the programme
- Ensure inter-programme coordination and collaboration for projects/activities as needed in the smooth implementation of the programme activities/projects
- Update the Secretary General and Deputy Secretary General on pertinent issues in the relation to the programme
- Ensure the compliance of programme staff to AIPP policies and guidelines and organizational standards including code of conduct
- Ensure the systematization and updating of programme files and reports and list of publications/materials including the distribution list, list of networks and other databases as needed
- Provide recommendations to improve the programme planning and implementation as well as on staff development and management.
Overall responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient implementation of activities under the Indigenous Women Programme:
- Coordinate project implementation, building capacities including developing templates and guidelines and provide technical assistance to the project partners.
- Consolidate the reports (narrative and finance) from the partners and submit to the respective donors on time.
- Coordinate meetings with AIPP members and partner-organizations in respective countries for effective project implementation and management
- Coordinate finance disbursement and finance monitoring with the support of finance team
- Prepare the MOU, guides and templates for the partners’ implementation and reporting.
- Periodic review, monitoring and evaluation of the project implementation based on annual and periodic work plans.
- Develop educational materials and advocacy materials relating to the programme.
- Systematize the database of trainees, resource persons and educational materials and other programme documents
- Assessing finance management capacity, contracting and monitoring of the new partners with the support of Finance Coordinator
- Prepare project and activity budget including the partner’s budget and ensure the consistency in term of budget lines submitted to the donor.
- Approve the programme/project budget and project finance transaction including ensuring the completion and accuracy of the request including supporting document and account code in the request
- Assist the finance staff in project audit including review the audit finding and provide recommendation for the management with the support from Finance Coordinator
Human Resource Management
- Support the management in the staff recruitment, screening and selection process of the Indigenous Women programme
- Take the lead in the probation review of new staff within the programme with the support of Executive Secretary
- Take the lead in the quarterly, one year and two years appraisal of staff within the programme with the support of Executive Secretary
- Support the management in developing and reviewing the Key Performance Indications of the staff within the programme
- Coordinate with the Regional Capacity Building (RCB) Programme Coordinator for the management of volunteer and interns
Coordination and Networking
- Coordinate and support Indigenous Women Organizations and Networks at different level
- With consultation with Secretary General and Deputy Secretary General, represent AIPP and participate in Indigenous Peoples and Women related processes and events including meetings, workshops, seminars
- Coordinate with different donors and like-minded organizations for serving the purpose of AIPP in close coordination with Secretary General and Deputy Secretary General
- Coordinate with different programmes within AIPP related to Indigenous Women’s issues.
B. Knowledge and Qualification:
- At least bachelor’s degree or equivalent in in Gender & Development studies, Sociology, Rural development, Development studies. A Master’s Degree in related studies will be an added advantage.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Indigenous Peoples rights, issues and concerns especially of Indigenous Peoples and Indigenous women in Asia.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in management including being responsible for strategic management, fund raising, advocacy and staff management
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in women and gender work, project management based on the logical framework, finance management, Project Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) and fundraising
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with national and international Indigenous Peoples’ organisations, government agencies, civil society organisations etc.
D. Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills in written and verbal English
- Skilled in planning and implementing activities: identifying and systematizing tasks, coordination, arranging logistics and technical support, etc
- Skilled in preparing substantive reports
- Computer literate including the use of Microsoft excel
- Self-motivated, dynamic, creative and energetic
- Positive attitude to working in a multi-ethnic/social environment
- Flexible to do multi-tasking and to work under pressure
- Willing to travel throughout Asia and beyond, when needed
E. Remuneration and benefits include:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 13th month pay
- Housing and personal communication allowance
- Health Insurance including annual executive medical check-up
- Travel fare for annual home visit for foreign staff
- 22 days annual paid holidays
- Provident Fund
- Related cost for work permit and visa
Salary rate shall be based on qualifications and on prevailing rates of regional NGOs based in Thailand
Interested Indigenous Persons from AIPP’s Member Countries Asia can submit application (indicating ethnicity) together with updated CV, two reference letters with complete contact details (including email address and, phone number) and submit by 11 September 2020 to the following email addresses: [email protected] and [email protected]
Priority will be given to applicants from AIPP members organizations.
For more information on AIPP, please visit our websites: https://aippnet.org/