Position: Human Rights Campaign and Policy Advocacy Programme Officer
Team Duration of the Contract: 1 year with minimum 3 months to maximum 6 months’ probation period. The contract will be renewed annually subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds
Reports to: Human Rights Program Coordinator/Human Rights Campaign and Policy and Advocacy Programme (HRCPA)
Station: AIPP Regional Secretariat, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Application call date: March 28, 2018
Application deadline: April 22, 2018
Interview: Only shortlisted candidates will be informed for interview.
Background: Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact (AIPP) is a regional organization founded in 1992 as a platform for solidarity and cooperation among indigenous peoples in Asia. It actively promotes and defends indigenous peoples’ rights and human rights, sustainable development and management of resources, as well as environment protection. For details visit www.aippnet.org
Over-all Tasks and Responsibilities of the Human Rights Programme Officer
- Assist indigenous peoples to engage with human rights mechanisms and processes at the national, regional and international levels including finalizing and submitting communications and petitions to relevant human rights mechanisms and processes at all levels.
- Main support of the Programme Coordinator in the lobby and advocacy tasks of the HRCPA Programme in various mechanisms and processes, including providing assistance in linking relevant and related works of other programmes of AIPP.
- Assist Human Rights and Documentation Officer in keeping the IPHRD Network website and social networking sites of the HRCPA Programme updated and ensuring the visibility of the Programme’s work.
- Prepare and regularly update the M&E of the HRCPA for reporting and information sharing whenever needed.
- Monitor developments and updates from the various human rights mechanisms and processes, including summarizing and providing analysis and sharing the information with the IPHRD network members and programme committee members among others.
- Follow-up reports of AIPP facilitated/funded participants to advocacy events including the monitoring of their advocacy activities on the ground and follow-up of commitments.
- Develop the human rights advocacy plan in consultation with the HRCPA Programme Coordinator, Programme Committee and members/partners of AIPP and ensure the implementation of the plan.
- Network with other human rights organizations and maintain regular records and communications to generate broad support for indigenous peoples rights and issues.
- Assist in the strengthening of the IPHRD Network.
- Coordinate assigned project(s) in close collaboration with the HRCPA Programme Coordinator, Programme Committee and AIPP members/partners .
- Assist the Programme Coordinator in fundraising for the HRCPA Programme including preparation of proposals and providing assistance in programme fund management.
- Assist the HRCPA Programme Coordinator in the finance management of the programme.
- Assist the Programme Coordinator in any other duties assigned by the Programme Coordinator, including helping in other activities of AIPP where requested.
Salary rate shall be based on the salary criteria approved by the Executive Council of AIPP. Interested indigenous persons from Asia (applicants from member-organizations will be given a priority) can submit application (indicating ethnicity) together with updated CV with at least two references with complete contact details (including email address and, phone number) and two reference letters following email addresses:
Ms. Jo Ann at email: email@example.com and/or Ms. Joyce at email: firstname.lastname@example.org