CALL FOR APPLICATION
Position: Human Rights Campaign and Policy Advocacy Programme Coordinator
Team Duration of the Contract: 1 year with minimum 3 months to maximum 6 months’ probation period. The contract will be renewed annually subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds
Reports to: Human Rights Program Coordinator/Human Rights Campaign and Policy and Advocacy Programme (HRCPA)
Station: AIPP Regional Secretariat, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Application call date: August 8, 2018
Application deadline: August 24, 2018
Interview: Only shortlisted candidates will be informed for interview.
Background: The AIPP is a regional organization founded in 1992 as a platform for solidarity and cooperation among indigenous peoples in Asia. It actively promotes and defends indigenous peoples’ rights and human rights, sustainable development and management of resources, as well as environment protection. For details visit www.aippnet.org
Over-all Tasks and Responsibilities of the Human Rights Programme Coordinator
- Manage and implement the HRPCA programme guided by strategic plan of AIPP (2017-2020).
- Prepare and ensure the implementation of AIPP annual plan and related activities assigned by Deputy Secretary General, Secretary General and EC.
- Manage and supervise the staff, interns/volunteers, consultants and other service providers including projects and activities under the programme.
- Close coordination with the Programme Committee including organizing programme committee meetings as needed.
- Participate in fund raising for the programme in close collaboration with Secretary General, Deputy Secretary General or the management team.
- Review and comment on financial reports received from the concerned finance staff and the project partners.
- Monitor the effective and efficient implementation of projects and related activities under the programme including finance matters.
- Ensure the consolidation and regular monitoring of activities and budgets of the programme
- Review and ensure the timely preparation and submission of the work plans, reports and budgets for the programme
- Ensure inter-programme coordination and collaboration for projects/activities as needed in the smooth implementation of the programme activities/projects
- Update the Secretary General, Deputy Secretary General on pertinent issues in the relation to the programme
- Ensure the compliance of programme staff to AIPP policies and guidelines
- Ensure the systematization and updating of programme files and reports and list of publications/materials including the distribution list, list of networks and other databases as needed
- Provide recommendations to improve programme planning and implementation, as well as on staff development and management
Salary rate shall be based on the salary criteria approved by the Executive Council of AIPP Interested indigenous persons from Asia (applicants from member-organizations will be given a priority) shall submit application (indicating indigenous group/ethnicity) together with updated CV with at least two references with complete contact details (including email address and, phone number) and two reference letters following email addresses: Ms. Jo Ann at email: email@example.com and/or Ms. Joyce at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download