CALL FOR APPLICATION
Position: Finance Officer
Team Duration of the Contract: 1 year with minimum 3 months to maximum 6 months’ probation period. The contract will be renewed annually subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds
Reports to: Finance Manager
Station: AIPP Regional Secretariat, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Application call date: September 5, 2018
September 15, 2018 September 30, 2018
Interview: Only shortlisted candidates will be informed for interview.
Background: The AIPP is a regional organization founded in 1992 as a platform for solidarity and cooperation among indigenous peoples in Asia. It actively promotes and defends indigenous peoples’ rights and human rights, sustainable development and management of resources, as well as environment protection. For details visit www.aippnet.org
Organisational Financial Management
- Processes all bank withdrawals and payments and ensure that;
- All payments are properly and appropriately authorized, approved and supported
- Expenditure requests are within the budget before forwarding them for approval
- Writes cheques and ensure that these are signed in accordance with approved procedures
- Handles transfers of funds to partners/members, suppliers, service providers including staff salary.
- Records all income received, scans and sends to the concerned person.
- Deposits all funding from donor, contributions, membership fees and other fees received with the corresponding bank accounts.
- Handles revolving THB cash fund as per guidelines.
- Prepares the form for withholding tax on salaries and social insurance remittances every month and submits these to the corresponding government agencies.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation for all the bank accounts of all the programs.
- Obtains certification from the bank on bank balances for attachment to the application for visa of expatriate staff.
- Records and reports Admin and Human Resource budget.
- Perform other tasks required by Finance Manager
Project Financial Management
- Maintains QuickBooks (daily entry data)
- Checks and compares the balances of cash in bank per Quickbook against bank statements on a monthly basis.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation for all the bank accounts based on the information provided
- Generates the monthly expense record from Quickbook for the budget variance analysis to the program coordinator for review.
- Prepares the monthly financial report for submission to the program coordinator.
- Ensures accurate and timely review of the budget versus actual cost of project and operations in coordination with the Program Coordinators & concerned Finance staff.
- Prepares the quarterly financial reports of responsible projects and submits these to the Finance manager for consolidation.
- Maintains proper financial documentation of specific assigned projects. Conducts of the orientation to partners on Finance policies and procedures for new projects in consultation with Finance Manager as needed.
- Conducts financial monitoring in consultation with Admin-Finance Coordinator as required.
- Responds to enquires from donors and partners within agreed response-time.
Salary rate shall be based on the salary criteria approved by the Executive Council of AIPP Interested indigenous persons from Thailand can submit application (indicating indigenous group) together with updated CV with at least two references with complete contact details (including email address and, phone number) and two reference letters following email addresses: Ms. Jo Ann at email: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Ms. Apinya at email: email@example.com