Updated: Call For Application For Finance Officer
Position: FINANCE OFFICER
Duration of the Contract: 1 year contract with a minimum 3 months’ probation period and possibility of renewing the contract annually subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds
Reports to: Finance Manager, Finance Unit
Station: AIPP Regional Secretariat Office, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Date of Announcement: 4 July 2022
Deadline for submission of the application: 15 July, 2022
A. Roles and Responsibilities of the Finance officer:
- Ensure timely and effectively process the bank transactions including withdrawals and payments with proper authorization and approval with all supportive documents.
- Ensure all the expenditure requests are within the budget before forwarding them for approval
- Prepare and make sure of the cheques are signed in accordance with approved procedures.
- Handle transfers of funds to the partners/members, suppliers, service providers including staff salary on the specified time with relevant supporting documents.
- Record all income/grants received and transfers, scans and send to the concerned parties.
- Deposit all funds/grants received from the donors, contributions, membership fees and other fees in the corresponding bank accounts and inform the concerned programmes, management and parties as required.
- Handle revolving THB cash fund as per FINANCE guidelines.
- Prepare the form for withholding tax on salaries and social insurance remittances every month and submit these to the corresponding government agencies.
- Obtain certification from the bank, on bank balances for attachment to the application for visa of expatriate staff.
- Record and report the Admin, Provident fund, reserved fund and Human Resource budget.
- Adhere to AIPP’s financial policies, manual and procedures
- Perform additional duties when required, including related clerical works.
- Any other task assigned by the Finance Manager and the Management.
B. Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Level of education: Bachelor’s degree (Finance and Accounting)
- Person must be an Indigenous Person (Tribal person) from Thailand.
- Computer literate including the use of Microsoft excel and familiarity on using Quick Book accounting software.
- Minimum one year of relevant experience in finance and accounting, preferably with NGOs in Thailand.
- Experience of working on human rights issues or with Indigenous Peoples/communities would be preferrable.
D. Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in English & Thai speaking and writing.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a multi-ethnic/social environment.
- Flexible and able to multi-tasking and work under pressure.
- Negotiation skills.
E. Remuneration and benefits include:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 13th month pay
- Housing and communication allowance.
- Health Insurance including annual executive medical check-up
- 17 days annual Paid holidays
- Provident Fund
Salary rate shall be based on qualifications, experiences and on prevailing rates of regional NGOs based in Thailand
Interested Indigenous Person’s from Thailand only can submit an application (indicating ethnicity) together with updated CV with at least two references with complete contact details (including email address and, phone number) by 15th July, 2022 to following email addresses: [email protected] and [email protected]
Priority will be given to AIPP members and indigenous applicants from Thailand.
For more information on AIPP, please visit our websites: https://aippnet.org/