Position: Finance officer
Team Duration of the Contract: 1 year and more (subjected to availability of funding)
Probation period: 3 months. The contract will be renewed annually subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds
Reports to: Finance Manager
Station: AIPP Regional Secretariat, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Application call date: July 18, 2019
Application deadline: August 9, 2019
Interview: Only shortlisted candidates will be informed for interview.
Background: The Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact (AIPP) is a regional organization established in 19 by indigenous peoples’ movements. AIPP is committed to the cause of promoting and defending indigenous peoples’ rights and human rights and articulating issues of relevance to indigenous peoples. For details visit www.aippnet.org
Over-all Tasks and Responsibilities of Finance officer
Project Financial Management
- Maintain accounting Software (QuickBooks) through daily data entry.
- Check and compare balances with accounting software and bank statements on a monthly basis.
- Provide necessary documents to Senior Finance Officer in preparation of monthly bank reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly financial report for submission to the concern program coordinator/staff
- Ensure accurate and timely review of budget versus actual cost of project and operations in coordination with concern AIPP Project staff in and Project partner organizations.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports of responsible projects and submit to the Finance Manager for consolidation.
- Maintain proper financial documentation of assigned projects.
- Conduct orientation to partners on Finance policies and procedures for new projects in consultation with Finance Manager as needed.
- Conduct financial monitoring in consultation with Finance Manager as required.
- Respond to enquiries from donors and partners within agreed response-time.
- Preform other tasks assigned by Finance Manager.
- Must belong to indigenous/tribal people in THAILAND
- Holding Bachelor degree/Diploma certificate in accounting
- Good communication skill of English in speaking and writing.
- Have 1-2 years’ work experience in accounting (work experience with NGO will be given preference)
- Willing to travel aboard when needed.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity and to carry team members with him/her.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment with the ability to remain calm and in good humor.
Salary rate shall be based on the salary criteria approved by the Executive Council of AIPP.
Interested indigenous persons from Thailand can submit application (indicating indigenous group) together with updated CV with at least two references with complete contact details (including email address and, phone number) and two reference letters to Ms. Chanda [firstname.lastname@example.org] and Ms. Apinya [email@example.com].