Call for Application: Finance Coordinator
CALL FOR APPLICATION
Position: Finance Coordinator
Team Duration of the Contract: 1 year with minimum 3 months to maximum 6 months’ probation period. The contract will be renewed annually subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds
Reports to: Deputy Secretary General (DSG)
Station: AIPP Regional Secretariat, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Application call date: 12 June 2020
Application deadline: 10 July 2020
Interview: Only shortlisted candidates will be informed for interview.
Background: The Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact (AIPP) is a regional organization founded in 1992 by Indigenous Peoples’ movements in Asia. AIPP is committed to the cause of promoting and defending indigenous peoples’ rights and human rights and articulating issues of relevance to indigenous peoples. At present, AIPP has 47 members from 14 countries in Asia with 18 indigenous peoples’ national alliances/networks (national formations), 30 local and sub-national organizations. Of this number, 16 are ethnic based organizations, six (6) indigenous women and four (4) are indigenous youth organizations and one (1) organization of indigenous persons with disabilities. For details please visit www.aippnet.org
A. Roles and Responsibilities:
Overall responsible of Finance Coordinator is to ensure the compliance with internationally accepted financial management and accounting standards, and adhere to the highest standards of corporate governance, and motivate professional and committed staff members with the following specific duties and responsibilities:
Organisational Financial Management
- Update AIPP Finance Manual and develop templates, guidelines as and when needed
- Maintain documentation and records proficiently to ensure correctness and promptness of deliverables
- Support the Management Team in identifying audit firms for carrying out external annual audit.
- Prepare the management response to audit reports of project funds of AIPP in consultation with the concerned finance staff including Finance Manager and programme staff and submits to Management Team for comments.
- Ensure the implementation of recommendations from external audits in communication with Programme and Finance team as needed
- Consolidate the budgets prepared by the different programmes and prepares the consolidated annual budgets for submission to the Management team/Executive Council including the budget for inter-programme coordination.
- Study and orient on the financial requirements from donors to the concerned programme, finance staff and Management Team with the support from Executive Secretary
- Provide regular updates to the Management Team on matters related to finance
- Help Programme to prepare budget for new proposal including partner’s budget
- Support Programme coordinators to check the financial reports submitted by partners
- Ensure that cash count of AIPP’s revolving cash fund and dollar reserve fund is done at least once a month.
- Conduct Financial Management Risk Assessments of AIPP and its members and partners with an assistance of Executive Secretary
- Consolidate human resource and overhead budget from all projects to have an organizational overview of available budget for human resource and submit to Management and Programme Team on an annual basis
- Prepare six months and annual report of finance unit to be presented during Mid-term assessment and Annual Assessment & Planning Meeting
- Conduct regular meeting with the members of the Finance team to discuss the work plan, issues/concerns of the staff and the implementation of the tasks
- Ensure smooth coordination between Finance and Management Team
Support to AIPP Members and Partners
- Conduct an orientation on Finance policies and procedures for new staff in the secretariat upon their arrival
- Assist AIPP Programme Coordinators in assessing financial management capacity of members and partners.
- Provide financial management training to members and partners based on their needs and priorities including the secretariat
- Ensure that AIPP work with partners is in line with financial reporting making sure of partners’ compliance with donor requirements in consultation with Executive Secretary
- Conduct monitoring visits to ensure the financial monitoring and tracking the progress of partners/project is conducted as required (using the standard checklist) and prepare substantive report
Project Finance Management
- Prepare and share and update on quarterly financial fund status of Programmes to the Management Team
- Ensure all Finance Staff prepare and submit monthly financial report of the responsible projects to the concerned Programmes Coordinators
- Ensure accurate and timely review of the budget versus actual of project and operations
- Maintain proper financial documentation of specific assigned projects.
- Prepare a summary of donor requirements for each new projects.
- Conduct orientation to concerned project partners on AIPP Finance manual and procedures including donor requirements for new projects in consultation with Finance Manager as needed
- Respond to enquiries from donors and partners within agreed response-time
- Assist the Executive Secretary to develop and review contracts of finance staff and financial consultants.
- Assist the Executive Secretary in the recruitment of finance staff and selection process including the assessment of finance staff
B. Skills and qualifications
- Level of education: Bachelor’s degree (Finance and Accounting)
- Field of specialization: Financial management and accounting; Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a senior position
- Relevant accounting and audit qualification and experience including knowledge and experience with computerized accounting packages
- Relevant human resource and administrative management experience is an advantage
- Outstanding financial and analytical skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a multi-ethnic/social environment
- Flexible to do multitasking and work under pressure
- Excellent communication, reporting, facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of English and preferably knowledge of Thai
Salary rate shall be based on the salary criteria approved by the Executive Council of AIPP Interested persons from Asia (applicants from member-organizations will be given a priority) can submit application together with an updated CV with at least two references with complete contact details (including email address and, phone number) and two reference letters at following email addresses: Chanda Thapa Magar at email: email@example.com and Adrian Marbaniang at email: firstname.lastname@example.org