Call For Application: Administrative Officer
Position: Administrative Officer
Duration of the Contract: 1 year with possibility of renewal of the contract based on satisfactory performance and also subject to availability of funds
Probation period: 3 months.
Reports to: Administrative Manager
Station: AIPP Regional Secretariat, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Application call announcement date: March 7, 2022
Application deadline: Mar 20, 2022
Salary and benefit: 15,000 THB/month and Social Insurance
Interview: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interview.
Type of job: Not a regular staff (Contract based)
Background: The Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact (AIPP) is a regional organization of Indigenous Peoples’ Organization founded in 1992 by Indigenous Peoples’ movements in Asia. AIPP is committed to the cause of promoting and defending Indigenous Peoples’ rights and human rights and articulating the issues of relevance to Indigenous Peoples at the national, regional and global levels. At present, AIPP has 46 members from 14 countries in Asia with 12 indigenous peoples’ national alliances/networks (national formations), 34 local and sub-national organizations. Of this number, 16 are ethnic based organizations, six (6) indigenous women and four (4) are indigenous youth organizations and one (1) organization of indigenous persons with disabilities. For details please visit www.aippnet.org
A. Specific Duties and Responsibilities of Administrative Officer:
- Ensure the processing of work permits and visa of the foreign staff, including interns and volunteers as needed.
- Maintain the filing of staff records such as work-permit, visa, health and travel insurance and house rent agreement etc.
- Assist Logistic Officer the proper filing and inventory of organizational assets and distribution of publications.
- Assist the Admin Manager in the preparations of workshops and meetings or events, including logistics arrangements in and outside of Thailand.
- Prepare monthly progress report and monthly work plan for submission to the Admin Manager.
- Support in administrative and other work as appropriate assigned by the management and the Administrative Manager.
B. Required Skills and Qualifications
- Level of education: Bachelor’s degree on Administration Business, Social Work, or other relevant subject.
- Person must be an Indigenous person (Tribal person) from Thailand.
- Experience of working on human rights issues or with Indigenous Peoples/communities.
- Experience of working in visa and work permit and liaise with government offices
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a multi-ethnic/social environment.
- Flexible and able to multi-tasking and work under pressure.
- Good in English & Fluent in Thai speaking and writing.
- Negotiation skills.
Interested and qualified candidates can submit their application along with an updated CV including contact details to the following email addresses: