Position: Admin-Finance Coordinator
Team Duration of the Contract: 1 year with minimum 3 months to maximum 6 months’ probation period. The contract will be renewed annually subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds
Reports to: Deputy Secretary General
Station: AIPP Regional Secretariat, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Application call date: July 12, 2018
Application deadline: August 12, 2018
Interview: Only shortlisted candidates will be informed for interview.
Background: The AIPP is a regional organization founded in 1992 as a platform for solidarity and cooperation among indigenous peoples in Asia. It actively promotes and defends indigenous peoples’ rights and human rights, sustainable development and management of resources, as well as environment protection.
For details please visit www.aippnet.org
- Roles and Responsibilities:
Overall responsible for implementation of the Admin-Finance Coordinator is to ensure AIPP complies with internationally accepted financial management and accounting standards, and adheres to the highest standards of corporate governance, and motivates professional and committed staff members with the following specific duties and responsibilities;
Organisational Financial Management
- Update/develop the Finance Manual/ template /guidelines
- Ensures that cash count of AIPP’s revolving cash fund and dollar reserve fund is done at least once a month.
- Prepares the management response to audit reports of project funds of AIPP in consultation with the concerned finance staff including Finance Manager and program staff and submits to management team for comments.
- Ensure the implementation of recommendations from external audits in communication with programme as needed
- Consolidates the budgets prepared by the different programs and prepares the consolidated annual budgets for submission to the Management team/Executive Council including the budget for inter-programme coordination.
- Study and orient on the financial requirements from donors to the concerned programme, finance staff and SG with the support from Executive Secretary
- Provides regular updates to the SG and management team on matters related to finance and admin.
- Helping Programme to Prepare Budget for new Proposal including partner’s budget.
- Assist the Programme Coordinator to check the report submitted by partners
- Ensure the smooth coordination between finance, admin and management
- Ensure the conducts of the orientation to partners on Finance policies and procedures for new projects including short term activity project in consultation with Finance Manager as needed.
- Assists the AIPP Program coordinators in assessing finance management capacity, contracting and monitoring of the partners.
- Provide financial management training to the members and partners based on their need and priority including the secretariat
- Ensure that AIPP work with partners is in line with financial reporting making sure of partners’ compliance with donor requirements in consultation with Executive Secretary
- Ensure the financial monitoring and tracking the progress of partners/project is conducted as required (using the standard checklist)
Project Finance Management
- Prepares the monthly financial report for submission to the program coordinator
- Ensures accurate and timely review of the budget versus actual of project and operations. – PC & concerned Finance staff
- Maintains proper financial documentation of specific assigned projects.
- Conducts of the orientation to partners on Finance policies and procedures for new projects in consultation with Finance Manager as needed
- Responding to enquires from donors and partners within agreed response-time
- To provide assistance in the recruitment, assessment and staff turn-over process.
- To help in some document review like staff contract, MOU and other related staff document as necessary.
Skills and qualifications
- Level of education: Bachelor’s degree (Finance and Accounting)
- Field of specialization: Financial management and accounting; business administration
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a senior position
- Relevant human resource and administrative management experience is an advantage
- Relevant accounting and audit qualification and experience including knowledge experience with computerized accounting packages
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication, reporting, facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of English and preferably knowledge of Thai
Salary rate shall be based on the salary criteria approved by the Executive Council of AIPP. Interested indigenous persons from Asia (applicants from member-organizations will be given a priority) can submit application (indicating ethnicity) together with updated CV with at least two references with complete contact details (including email address and, phone number) and two reference letters following email addresses:
- Jo Ann at email:firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Chanda at email: email@example.com
- Saowaluck at email: firstname.lastname@example.org