Call For Application for Finance and Admin Coordinator
Position: Finance and Admin Coordinator
Duration of the Contract: Initially for 1 year with minimum 3 months’ probation period. Possibility of renewal on annual basis based on satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Reports to: Deputy Secretary General (DSG)
Station: AIPP Secretariat, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Announcement: 2nd November , 2021
Deadline: 29th November, 2021
The Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact (AIPP) is a regional organization founded in 1992 by Indigenous Peoples’ movements in Asia. AIPP is committed to the cause of promoting and defending Indigenous Peoples’ rights and human rights and articulating issues of relevance to Indigenous Peoples. At present, AIPP has 46 members from 14 countries in Asia with 18 Indigenous Peoples’ national alliances/networks (national formations), 30 local and sub-national organizations. Of this number, 16 are ethnic based organizations, six (6) Indigenous women and four (4) are Indigenous youth organizations and one (1) organization of Indigenous persons with disabilities.
AIPP has 6 thematic programes namely – Human Rights Campaigns and Policy Advocacy (HRCPA), Environment, Indigenous Women, Communication, Regional Capacity Building and Organizational Strengthening and Movement Building (OSMB) and number of projects under these programmes with the financial supports of multiple donors.
For details please visit www.aippnet.org
2. Roles and Responsibilities:
The Finance & Admin Coordinator will be responsible mainly to ensure and oversee the compliance of internationally accepted financial management system and accounting standards, and adhere to the highest standards of corporate governance, and also motivate and encourage professional and committed staff(s) with the following specific duties and responsibilities:
Organisational Financial Management
- Operationalization of the AIPP Finance Manual and develop/revise the templates and finance guidelines as and when needed
- Maintain documentation and records proficiently to ensure correctness and promptness of deliverables.
- Support the Management Team in timely identifying audit firms for carrying out external annual audit.
- Prepare the management response to the audit reports of project funds of AIPP in consultation with the concerned finance staff(s) including Finance Manager and programme staff(s) and submit to the Management Team for official approval.
- Ensure the effective and timely implementation of recommendations of the external audits in communication with Programme and Finance team as needed
- Consolidate the budgets prepared by the different programmes and prepare the consolidated annual budgets for submission to the Management team/Executive Council including the budget for inter-programme coordination.
- Act on the financial requirements of the donors to the concerned programmes, finance staff(s) and the Management Team with the support from Executive Secretary
- Be part of the Management team and provide regular updates on matters related to finance and admin to the Team
- Help Programmes to prepare budget for new proposals including partner’s budgets.
- Support Programme Coordinators to check the financial reports submitted by the partners in the respective programmes
- Ensure that cash count of AIPP’s revolving cash fund and dollar reserve fund is done at least once a month.
- Conduct Financial Management Risk Assessments of AIPP and its members and partners.
- Ensure smooth coordination between Finance/Admin and the Management Team
Support to AIPP Members and Partners
- Conduct orientation on the Finance policies, guidelines and procedures to the new staff(s) in the AIPP Secretariat upon their arrival
- Support AIPP Programme Coordinators in assessing and building the financial management capacity of the members and partners based on their needs and priorities.
- Ensure that AIPP works with the partners in line with financial reporting, partners’ compliance with the donor requirements
- Ensure the financial monitoring and tracking the progress of partners/projects as required (using the standard checklist) and prepare substantive report.
Project Finance Management
- Prepare monthly financial plan and report for submission to the Management Team
- Ensure all Finance Staff prepare and submit monthly financial plan and report of the responsible projects to the concerned Programmes Coordinators
- Ensure accurate and timely review of the budget versus actual of project expenses and operations
- Maintain proper financial documentation of the specific assigned projects.
- Prepare a summary of the donor requirements for each new projects.
- Conduct orientation to the concerned AIPP Programme and Finance staff, project partners on AIPP Finance manual and procedures in consultation with the Finance Manager as needed
- Timely respond to the enquiries from the donors and the partners within agreed response-time
Human Resource Management
- Assist the Executive Secretary to develop and review contracts of the finance and admin staff(s) and financial consultant(s).
- Assist the Executive Secretary in the recruitment process of finance & admin staff including the performance appraisal of the finance & admin staff.
3. Skills and qualifications
- Level of education: At least Bachelor’s degree (Finance and Accounting)
- Field of specialization: Financial management and accounting; Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a senior position `
- Relevant accounting and audit qualification and experience including knowledge and experience with computerized accounting packages
- Relevant human resource and administrative management experience is an advantage
- Outstanding financial and analytical skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a multi-ethnic/social environment
- Flexible to do multitasking and work under pressure
- Excellent communication, reporting, facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of English and preferably knowledge of Thai
Salary rate shall be based on qualifications and on prevailing rates of regional NGOs based in Thailand
Interested Indigenous Persons only from AIPP’s Member Countries in Asia can submit the application (indicating ethnicity) together with updated CV (max. 3 pages), two reference letters with complete contact details (including email address and, phone number) by the deadline mentioned above to the following email addresses: [email protected] and [email protected]
Late submission will not be considered for this application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Priority will be given to the applicants from AIPP members organizations.