Call For Application: Capacity Building For Indigenous Peoples On Business And Human Rights (Asia)
The Indigenous Peoples Rights International (IPRI), Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact (AIPP), Indigenous Rights Advocacy Center (IRAC),Lawyers Association for Human Rights of Nepalese Indigenous Peoples (LAHURNIP) and Panaghiusa-Philippine Network to Uphold Indigenous Peoples’ Rights, are organizing a 2-part capacity building for Indigenous Peoples in Asia, on the topic of business and human rights. Due to the COVID19 restrictions, this capacity building activity will be held virtually. Certificates of participation will be issued to participants.
This training aims to:
- Raise awareness and build skills, competence and confidence on the UNGP and the instruments and processes derived from it, and its relevance to Indigenous Peoples;
- Raise awareness on and share opportunities for engagement in relation to, other international processes in relation to business and human rights, including the proposed UN binding instrument to regulate transnational corporations and the mandatory human rights due diligence law of the European Union;
- Generate spaces for discussion around the responsibility of companies to respect the rights of Indigenous Peoples and corporate accountability for abuses;
- Discuss and develop recommendations for the construction of an indigenous roadmap for the next decade of implementation of the UNGP, and reflection on the opportunities for implementation of the UNGP and how these contribute to the HR protection at the community level.
Who may apply?
- Indigenous Peoples and their advocates from Asia who have been exposed to, or work in the issues related to Indigenous Peoples rights violations committed in the context of business activities;
- Commitment to participate in both dates to complete the training;
- Indigenous women, youths, indigenous persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply
Date and time:
The capacity building will be for two-hours per day, for two days – November 16-17, 2021. Please find your time below, or estimate your local time according to the following: 15:00-17:00, Bangkok time.
City and Time
Bangkok/Jakarta/Phnom Penh/Hanoi 15:00 – 17:00
Singapore/Manila 16:00 – 18:00
New Delhi 13:30 – 15:30
Kathmandu 13:45 – 15:45
Dhaka 14:00 – 16:00
Interpretation will be provided in English, Hindi Bahasa and Thai. Available language interpretation will be reviewed based on the language spoken by participants.
How and when to apply:
Apply on or before November 10, 2021, by filling up the information on this link:
An email will be sent to you if your application is approved.
Indigenous Peoples Rights International
Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact
Panaghiusa-Philippine Network to Uphold Indigenous Peoples’ Rights
Indigenous Rights Advocacy Center
Lawyers Association for Human Rights of Nepalese Indigenous Peoples